I am so happy to say that I have finally worked out a systematic approach to reading the Bible, or at least the New Testament: in the odd numbered months of the year, read the Gospels; in the even numbered months of the year, read the rest of the NT; for each of the “Gospel” months, concentrate on each of the Gospels for one week…
I only started this very week, and I decided to start with… John’s Gospel! (not v logical as John is the 4th Gospel, and we are not in the 4th week of the month…) – but anyway, I give you – John!
John 10 v 7-11 Jesus the Good Shepherd
7. Then Jesus said to them again “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8. “All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9. “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10. “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep……”