Psalm 139 – for TemiD, and for all seriously premature babies everywhere xx
(from verse 7)
7. Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8. If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10. Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me”,
Even the light shall be light about me;
12. Indeed the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
13. For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvellous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
15. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written,
the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.
17. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
18. If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with you.