Sunday 17 July 2011 – Proverbs 4
1. Hear, my children, the instruction of a father,
And give attention to know understanding;
2. For I give you good doctrine:
Do not forsake my law.
3. When I was my father’s son,
Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
4. He also taught me, and said to me:
“Let your heart retain my words;
Keep my commands, and live.
5. Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
6. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you;
Love her, and she will keep you.
7. Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.
8. Exalt her, and she will promote you;
She will bring you honour, when you embrace her.
9. She will place on your head an ornament of grace;
A crown of glory she will deliver to you.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
His praise endures forever
Leave a Reply