I’m growing more and more convinced about the power of our God, and the fact that He works powerfully and pro-actively on the earth. This passage is an appeal to the All-Powerful God to work mightily in that power…;)
Isaiah 64 v 1-5
1. Oh that You would rend the heavens!
That You would come down!
That the mountains might shake at Your presence-
2. As fire burns brushwood,
As fire causes water to boil-
To make Your name known to Your adversaries,
That the nations may tremble at Your presence!
3. When You did awesome things for whcih we did not look,
You came down,
The mountains shook at Your presence.
4. For since the beginning of the world
Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
Who acts for the one who waits for Him.
5. You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness,
Who remembers You in Your ways.
You are indeed angry, for we have sinned-
In these ways we continue;
And we need to be saved.
6. But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.